There’s no better way to stay dry in the pouring rain. One Parka is a waterproof and breathable 2,5-layer shell parka, guaranteed to keep you dry all year around. With a classic, longer cut you will be sheltered even from the worst sideways rainstorms.
Taking a classic garment and redesigning it with a layer of extra functionality or smartness is a known recipe for a Houdini garment. The classic parka was designed by the US military and popularized by the British mods culture. In our contemporary version, we have removed the lining and created a cutting edge shell jacket. This way, you can use it all year around without being too hot in the summer. Just layer up from the inside when you use it in wintertime. Houdini Add-in Jacket is the perfect insulation to go underneath One Parka.
One Parka is made in durable Mission Hardshell, a waterproof and breathable shell fabric. It’s made from recycled polyester and is fully recyclable. The fabric can stand years of wear and tear and works just as fine on a rainy day in the city as on rough days in the mountains. Both the membrane and water repellent are completely free from PFAS. High performance does not have to come at the cost of a high environmental impact.
If you are looking for a cozy raincoat to keep you dry in the roughest weather, One Parka is your match. If you layer up underneath, it will keep you warm all through winter and we can even recommend bringing it to the ski slopes when the conditions are wet.
This garment is recyclable and we kindly ask you to return it to us when it’s completely worn out.
- Relaxed fit
- Hidden elastic in cuff
- Bottom hem pleat for movement
- Large, adjustable hood
- 2 side pockets and inner pocket
- 100% recycled and recyclable fabric
- Weight 518 g
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Mission Hardshell
Waterproof and breathable 2,5L hardshell. A fabric with high preformance and soft touch.
- Fabrics Origin: Japan
- 100% recycled polyester
- Atmos™, 100% Polyester membrane
- Weight: 165 g/sqm
- Breathability; 15,000 g/m2/24h
- Waterproofness: 20,000 mm H2O or higher
- High durability
- PFAS-Free water repellency treatment
- Bluesign® certified
Atmos™ Membrane is a hydrophilic membrane, not micro porous, and at the molecular-level moisture moves through the fabrics. The more moisture that is in circulation the greater the ability of the membrane to move moisture away from your body. With Atmos we are sure we have a membrane that delivers Houdini standards when it comes to high performance in an environmentally sustainable way, which no other membrane at the market can live up to. Atmos™ membrane is made from recyclable polyester.
Shell jackets with membrane
- Air out clothes instead of washing them to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric’s breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak through the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- There are special detergents for shells, but mild, environmentally certified detergents work just as fine. Make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.
- Remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the fabric.