Women's Mono Air Crew is a big innovation towards a world without waste. It’s made in a light, smooth fleece fabric that is constructed in a way that sheds up to 80% less microfibers compared to conventional high quality fleece. The lofty fibers that trap heat are knitted into pockets of air that prevents fibers from leaking out during wash or use. Women's Mono Air Crew does not only prevent plastic waste. It is made from recycled polyester waste and can be recycled again at the end of its lifetime. Textiles is a highly wasteful industry, but this is a great step towards a zero waste system.
The fabric is called Power Air Light and made in USA by Polartec®. It’s light, stretchy and has a great warmth-to-weight ratio. Mono Air Crew is a highly functional garment that can be used as an insulation garment for skiing, climbing, hiking or any other outdoor adventure. The garment has a regular, timeless fit and will last for many years.
If you are looking for a light, functional fleece crew this is your match. With Women's Mono Air Crew in your backpack, you can stay warm and contribute to the transformation of the outdoor industry at the same time.
Please don’t throw away this garment when it’s worn out. Mono Air Crew is made from recycled and recyclable fibers. The raw materials are valuable and can be used again. Bring it back to a Houdini shop or one of our retailers that has a Houdini recycling unit.
- Regular fit
- Great warmth-to-weight ratio
- 4-way stretch
- Sheds 80% less microfibers compared to conventional fleece
- Made from recycled and recyclable fibers
- Bluesign® certified fabric
- Weight women's medium: 322 g
- Fabric produced in USA
- Garment produced in Latvia
Fabrics and Technology
Main Fabric: Polartec® Power Air Light
A new light fabric construction where fibers that trap warm air is encapsulated in small pockets. This creates a wonderfully warm and breathable fleece jacket that shed a fraction of the microplastic compared to a normal fleece. Light, durable and warming.
- Origin: USA
- Weight: 288 g/sqm
- 73% recycled polyester, 27% elastrelle-polyester
- 4-way stretch
- Insulating air capsulating technology
- Bluesign® certified
Although this garment is designed to prevent micro fiber shedding, using a washing bag is still not a bad idea. A washing bag prevents unnecessary friction with other garments and protects more delicate garments.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine gentle wash, max 40 °C/104 °F.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in dryer. This exposes both the garment and the environment to unnecessary wear and tear. Most polyester garments dry quickly anyway.
- Hang dry.
- Do not iron.
|C. Length (front)
|D. Sleeve length (from neck)